Thursday, August 20, 2009

Goblins in the Night?


NO WAY!!! The dogs were barking late last night so I quietly opened the balcony door and stepped out to see what was up. I saw a small black shadow like thing about the size of an eight year old hunched down and running, yes running, along the top of the back wall of the house behind me. (Behind our back fence is an 18 SRP Easement, then the neighbors fence.)

Chills sped up and down my spine. I squinted my eyes and leaned over the edge of the balcony trying to try to get a better look, and the thing continued scurrying along the wall until it was out of site under the overhanging branches of a tree.

It was way larger than a black cat, and didn't have the grace of a cat. It was way to small for one of the many lizards I see daily on the fences. I really don't think it could have been a person because it was scrambling too fast and was all hunched down. It would have to have been a child, and what child is out at about 2:00 in the morning.

I surmise it was a goblin. Anyone else have a guess?

No comments: